Thursday 16 October 2008

A Fridge With No Door Is An Air Conditioner

I didn't post anything yesterday. For this blog I'm going to leave out anything depressing/miserable and post funny/happy stories. If you want depressing/miserable, you can wait, because there will be plenty of that on the next Jettison record.. which is slowly coming along, by the way.. sloowly.

BUT... I have funny story from last night. My day was surprisingly very enjoyable yesterday. I woke up early (about 7:oo), made myself breakfast, went to embankment station, and spent most of the day with my "London As A Resource" class walking around central London. My teacher smoked cigarettes while teaching us, which I found hilariously strange. He has bad teeth, and he's smart and has the accent and all. Coolest teacher I have though. We went to some court houses, and I asked if we could get in on any murder trials and he said there wasn't much at that particular court, so he took us to one that has them more frequently. Unsuccessful, however.

ANYWAY, my day was fun blah blah blah. That night I went home. And I treated myself to a nicer bottle of wine than I normally would on a Wednesday night (but I don't have class until 4 on Thursdays), and I drank it. I went out and had a nice time with some friends, and ultimately ended up in my kitchen, alone and hungry. So I get some of my shit from the refrigerator an I'm kneeling down (because the tallest fucking dude on the floor of course gets the bottom shelf), and I fall on my ass. Well, obviously I need to get off of my ass to make a sandwich, so I (drunk) grab the open refrigerator door to pull my self up, and the entire fucking door breaks the fuck off. And I go "Shit!". At which point, I clumsily attempt to get the door back on its hinges, and I'm thinking in my mind that if I'm not able to, I'll just make it look closed so that the next person who opens it up will break it off again and I'd just act surprised and angry blah blah. But in this drunken state, I can't even do that successfully, and some girl on my floor walks in to me trying to get this broken fridge door back on, and goes "Greg! What did you do!?" I immediately drop the door and throw my hands up and say "I swear to God it wasn't me! I'm just trying to fix it!" Obviously she doesn't believe me, because I might have drooled those words out to where she didn't even understand, and she calls for other people to help her get it back on. And I'm standing there like an idiot with a stupid smile on my face watching them piss each other off trying to get it back on. Finally it's on and the first girl tells me to go to bed, to which I respond: "No, I'm still making my fucking sandwich."

End of story.. I made the sandwich, fell asleep and woke up, feeling fine.
snakes

No comments: